SPRINGFIELD, MA (WGGB/WSHM) — Two of the area’s health providers have released information as it relates to coronavirus testing.
BAYSTATE HEALTH (as of Monday, October 11)
- 63 people are hospitalized with COVID-19
- 7 of those 63 patients is in a critical care unit
Patients by hospital:
- Baystate Medical Center: 47 COVID-19 confirmed
- Baystate Franklin Medical Center: 1 COVID-19 confirmed
- Baystate Wing Hospital: 5 COVID-19 confirmed
- Baystate Noble Hospital: 10 COVID-19 confirmed
“As testing is now widespread and many facilities beyond Baystate Health are conducting tests, we now are focusing solely on inpatient numbers. Statewide testing numbers are available on the Massachusetts Department of Public Health COVID-19 Dashboard. However, if there is a significant event that affects the testing numbers, we will do a one-time reporting of those figures,” Baystate Health said in a statement.
“We will continue to closely monitor our curves as states ease restrictions and mass gatherings continue. Careful vigilance will also provide early clues to any potential recurrent surge of the regional pandemic,” Baystate Health said in a statement.
Western Mass News will continue to follow this story and will have more information as it becomes available.
(this story/news/article has not been edited by PostX News staff and is published from a syndicated feed)