Cisco DNA Center provides real-time notifications when network issues arise. However, constantly receiving notifications throughout the day can be overwhelming, especially if you only need status information at specific times. In this article, we’ll explore a Python application that utilizes the Cisco DNA Center API to report network device issues managed by Cisco DNA Center. This application can be configured to run at regular intervals using crontab and can send notifications via Webex or SMS using eCall REST API.
Receiving constant notifications of network issues can be overwhelming, especially if you only need status information at specific times of the day. Network administrators require a more targeted notification approach that provides them with the information they need when they need it.
The primary challenge with this approach is creating an efficient and customizable way to monitor network devices and report any issues that arise. The application must also be able to send notifications via Webex or SMS using eCall REST API.
The solution to these challenges is a small Python application that utilizes the Cisco DNA Center Python SDK which leverages the Cisco DNA Center Platform Intent-APIs to access Assurance information. By utilizing these APIs, we can create a Python application that reports any issues that arise on network devices managed by Cisco DNA Center.
The application can be configured to run at specific intervals using crontab, providing network administrators with the information they need when they need it. The application can also send notifications via Webex or SMS using eCall REST API.
To get started with the sample code, you can install it from GitHub by following these steps:
1. Clone the repository:
2. Install the necessary packages
3. Update the configuration file with your Cisco DNA Center credentials, Webex or SMS information, and any other desired settings.
4. Run the application either from the console or crontab
The Python application provides several benefits for network administrators:
1. Targeted Notifications: Administrators can receive notifications at specific times of the day, reducing distractions and preventing critical alerts from being missed.
2. Customizable: The application can be configured to meet the specific needs of individual network administrators.
3. Automation: The application automates the process of monitoring network devices, freeing up network administrators to focus on other critical tasks.
4. Efficient: The application only sends notifications when necessary, reducing unnecessary notifications and preventing alert fatigue.
The Python application that utilizes the Cisco DNA Center API to report network device issues managed by Cisco DNA Center is an effective way to simplify network issue reporting. By utilizing the Cisco DNA Center API, we can create an efficient and customizable method to access Automation and Assurance workflows. By configuring the application to run at specific intervals using crontab, network administrators can receive notifications at the times they need them. This targeted notification approach can reduce distractions, prevent critical alerts from being missed, and improve overall network efficiency.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by PostX News and is published from a syndicated feed.)