Gov. Sarah Sanders named the following appointments to the Legislative Recidivism Reduction Task Force on Monday (Aug. 28).
- Sheriff Tommy Sturgeon of Hamburg
- Tammy Harris of Heber Springs
- Tabatha Branch of Conway
- Nathan Smith of Bentonville
- Chris Chapmond of Pearcy
- Elizabeth Pulley of Little Rock
- Jerry Riley of Pine Bluff
- Kim Clifton of Little Rock
- Scott McLean of Little Rock
The task force expires on December 31, 2024.
Legislative Recidivism Reduction Task Force was established by the Protect Act, an overhaul of the state’s sentencing laws.
The purpose of the Legislative Recidivism Reduction Task Force is to study and recommend improvements to the criminal justice system outcomes in the State of Arkansas.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by PostX News and is published from a syndicated feed.)