Donate the Gift of Surf
Help us carry on the “wave of generosity” globally called Giving Tuesday! Giving Tuesday is a chance for us to use our time and money in an impactful and meaningful way. Even the simple act of spreading awareness can be an impactful way to take part in Giving Tuesday.
We polled our Big Island agents at LUVA Real Estate to ask them which organization they would like to see us feature for this year’s Giving Tuesday. Surf for Special Needs was the organization selected by our agents and we are so proud to be spotlighting this incredible organization this year.
If you live on Big Island, you are most likely already familiar with this life-changing organization and are aware of the incredible impacts it has on the Big Island special needs community. There are
three parts to the mission at Surf for Special Needs:
- Share the healing powers of our ocean with special needs children & their families bound by physical/mental limitations.
- Provide inclusive, family-oriented events and activities unique to our island’s culture celebrating ability vs. disability.
- Offer a network of caregiver support and a community built on the principles of aloha (love) and ohana (family).
S4SN hosts four events a year on the Big Island that bring together our Big Island special needs community for therapeutic ocean experiences. The ocean therapy events are all-inclusive, family-oriented, and aimed at eliminating the gap between special needs people and the healing powers of the island waters. Surf for Special Needs brings together highly skilled local watermen and women to be a part of the team to keep the surfers safe and maximize their enjoyment during the day. They take all ages and most disabilities. They usually release event information a few months ahead, and you can follow them on Facebook, Instagram, and their website for event information.
The support from S4SN does not end when the event is over, Surf For Special Needs has created an ohana Network Online to support parents and caregivers of the S4SN community so that they know that they are not alone – they are part of a larger ohana and they will be supported.
Donations to Surf for Special Needs will allow the organization to grow, reach more people, and offer more activities. There are a few ways to Donate:
- Monetary donation by mail, phone, or online. Click here for more information.
- Donate a VIP Special Needs Surf Experience. Donate a private 1-on-1 surf experience to S4SN participants in an exclusive VIP setting. Click here for more information.
- Donate an item from their Wish List. Contact Star Shortt for more information at email@example.com.
- SUP SQUATCH – inflatable board
- Adaptive Surf Equipment
- Mobi Mat (ADA water entry mat)
- 10×10/12×12 Pop-Up Shade Tents
- 6’ Foldable Tables
- Foldable Chairs
- PFV – adult & child-sized life vests
- Customized promotional items
- Protective rashguard water shirts
- Coolers & water jugs
- Storage containers
For more information on the organization, contact Star Shortt, President & Founder at 808-756-5727 or Star@surf4sn.org.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by PostX News and is published from a syndicated feed.)