Old Cowtown Museum in Wichita is starting something new. On the third Sunday of each month through October 2021, Cowtown will host a FREE community fair featuring local artists and vendors.
Community Fair Days will host more than 50 local merchants in an outdoor market from noon to 5 p.m. The vendors will be selling a variety of arts, crafts, and other merchandise. During the vendor market, you can also explore Cowtown and interact with local townsfolk (costumed historical interpreters), as well as watch gunfight shows out in front of the saloon.
Cowtown Community Fair Vendor Market Schedule for 2021
Here are the planned dates for the monthly Community Fair and vendor market at Old Cowtown Museum. Each market will be held on a Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.
- April 18
- May 16
- June 20
- July 18
- August 15
- September 19
- October 17
Sunday admission is free for everyone thanks to a generous donation from Colby Sandlian. Cowtown is FREE on Sundays
Cowtown is an immersive historical museum that allows visitors to walk on streets and enter buildings that capture the look and frontier lifestyle of Wichita in the 1870s. (You know Wichita in 2021, Cowtown lets you experience it as it was in the past.)
Pro tip: Don’t be afraid to talk to the historical interpreters! *They are full of knowledge and very friendly!
Until further notice, Cowtown will follow CDC guidance and require masks inside facilities and to practice safe distancing.
Dates: Third Sunday of the month, April through October
Times: High noon to 5 p.m.
Location: Old Cowtown Museum, 1885 Museum Blvd. in Wichita, Kansas
For more information, visit oldcowtown.org
*One of my favorite conversations was with the Marshall and the Sheriff; during the conversation I realized we still have U.S. Marshalls and Sheriffs (doh) and neither one hauled me off to jail for not connecting the Old West version of these law enforcement officers to the ones we have today.
2021 Special Events at Old Cowtown Museum
Be sure to check out all the special events happening this year at Old Cowtown Museum.
(Get your whole family admission to all these events with your Cowtown Family Membership)
- Community Fair Days – third Sunday of every month through October
- Civil War Days – April 24 and 25
- Once Upon a Time – May 8
- Little House on the Prairie – May 15
- Steampunk Weekend – May 22 and 23
- A Day in the Life – June 12
- Kansas State Cowboy Fast Draw Competition – June 18-20
- Celebrate America – July 3
- National Day of the Cowboy – July 24
- Cowtown Throwdown concert – August 14
- People of the Plains – August 28
- Women of the West – September 4
- Wichita Intertribal Warrior Society Pow Wow – September 11
- A Night in Old Delano (18+) September 17
- County Fair – October 2
- Boos and Brews – October 8
- Hay, Hooves, and Halloween – October 23 and 24
- Ghost Town at Cowtown – October 29 and 30
- Victorian Christmas – December 3, 4, 10 and 11
- Breakfast with Santa – December 4 and 11
Monthly on the 3rd Sunday @ 12:00 pm-5:00 pm (April 18, 2021 – October 24, 2021)
Cowtown Community Fair
1865 W Museum Blvd
Wichita, KS 67203
(this story/news/article has not been edited by PostX News staff and is published from a syndicated feed)