CLARKSVILLE, TN – Clarksville Street Department will begin its annual fall cleanup — essentially free removal of residential yard waste — on Oct. 18.
Pickup service will be available to residents within the City limits through Nov. 30 and will include removal of normal yard waste such as grass clippings, leaves, and limbs. The Street Department will not pick up tree stumps, tree limbs from topped trees, or limbs trimmed by a commercial company.
To have yard waste picked up, contact the Street Department from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at 931-645-7464, or you may choose to call the pickup line 931-472-3353 and leave your address with details of what you want picked up.
Yard waste for pickup must meet these criteria:
- Grass clippings, leaves and small limbs must be placed in biodegradable paper bags or cardboard boxes.
- Larger limbs must be cut to 8 feet in length or shorter, and be 18 inches or less in diameter.
- The pickup address must be within the City limits.
- Yard waste must be placed within 8-10 feet of the street, and not block a drainage ditch or a driver’s view of traffic.
- Tree stumps or limbs cut by a commercial company will not be accepted.
- Residents must call within the designated time period, Oct. 18-Nov. 30.
If you have questions, contact the Clarksville Street Department from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at -931-645-7464.
(this story/news/article has not been edited by PostX News staff and is published from a syndicated feed)