This was a tough week for a lot of people in WWE after the recent budget cuts. The morale used to be great when NXT was touring and running sold out Takeover shows around the country.
Things have changed, especially in the last year or so and morale took a nosedive this week. Wader Keller did an audio update on Friday and he discussed the recent cuts. Keller also noted how most of these cuts are people that Triple H backed and he said that ultimately the plan was that he would bring those people whenever the time came for him to run the main roster.
Keller said, “I’ve talked with people who had said Triple H was building his team that he would bring with him to the main roster, and if his day came to run the main roster he wanted his group of people. At some point, it was thought that it would include William Regal and Gabe Sapolsky and Road Dogg and they’re gone.”
Keller added that he has heard a little about Triple H’s backstage reaction to the recent cuts. Keller said, “NXT just isn’t what it once was. I’ve heard just a little about Triple H’s reaction to all of this and nothing super reportable other than it sounds like he’s bummed out.”
Triple H has not said anything publicly about the recent cuts. It appears that he still is doing work for the company because he appeared on NBC Nightly News this week to talk about WWE’s NIL program. Click here to see Triple H’s first TV appearance since September.
If you use any portion of the quotes from this article please credit PWTorchVIP.com with a h/t to WrestlingNews.co for the transcription. A PWTorch VIP subscription includes exclusive news in daily audio shows (without ads), more than 10,000 retro podcasts going back to 2004, the Pro Wrestling Torch newsletter library and more.
(this story/news/article has not been edited by PostX News staff and is published from a syndicated feed)